We are looking for a Full Time Medical Office Assistant who can join our team of medical staff in our Anderson, SC clinic, If you like helping others and enjoy the medical field - then may be the Right person to join our winning team!
Our Medical Office Assistants are the first medical staff our patients meet, therefore it is important for you to be able to:
- Welcomes patients and visitors by greeting patients and visitors, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries - the ability to multitask is a must!
- Optimizes patients' satisfaction, provider time, and treatment room utilization by scheduling appointments in person or by telephone.
- Keeps patient appointments on schedule by notifying provider of patient's arrival; reviewing service delivery compared to schedule; reminding provider of service delays.
- Comforts patients by anticipating patients' anxieties; answering patients' questions; maintaining the reception area.
- Ensures availability of treatment information by filing and retrieving patient records.
- Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information.
- Obtains revenue by recording and updating financial information; recording and collecting patient charges; controlling credit extended to patients; filing, collecting, and expediting third-party claims.
- Maintains business office inventory and equipment by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; scheduling equipment service and repairs.
- Helps patients in distress by responding to emergencies.
- Protects patients' rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal and financial information.
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Medical Office Receptionist Skills and Qualifications:
Multi-tasking, Flexibility, Telephone Skills, Customer Service, Time Management, Organization, Attention to Detail, Scheduling, Word Processing , Professionalism, Quality Focus
- High School Diploma/GED (prefer some college)
- Prefer experience with insurance providers
- Previous medical office experience a plus
- Willing to work weekends
- Willing to work 12 hour shifts
- Great benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401-K)
- Team atmosphere
- Cross training